- The good news is…there’s nothing to know! We’ve chosen the perfect portion size, weight and freshness for amazing salmon every time.
- Store unopened Rebel Fish salmon in your refrigerator in its original packaging, use or freeze by the use by date.
- When storing in a refrigerator, be sure the temperature is between 33°F and 39°F.
- Salmon can be frozen on day of purchase for up to 3 months below 32°F (0°C). Ensure the fish does not come in direct contact with ice to avoid freezer burn.
- After purchasing, fish should be refrigerated as soon as possible. Do not allow the fish to sit in a hot vehicle for any length of time.
- Freeze Rebel Fish Salmon as soon as possible to maintain the best quality.
- Be sure all Rebel Fish packages are marked with the date they were put in the freezer.
- Thaw Rebel Fish Salmon that has been frozen gradually by placing it in the refrigerator overnight.
- NEVER thaw Rebel Fish Salmon at room temperature.
- Perfectly cooked Rebel Fish salmon should spring back when touched and should flake easily when tested with a fork, but still be a little pink in the center.
- The safest manner to ensure salmon is fully cooked is to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer in several locations. Internal temperature should be a minimum of 145°F when checked in the center of the thickest area of the fish.
- If a meat thermometer is not available, check for doneness by using a fork to check if the fish flakes easily and to see if its appearance is opaque and not translucent or raw looking.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water before and after handling any raw food.
- Wash cutting boards, dishes, utensils, and counter tops with soap and hot water between the preparation of raw seafood, and the preparation of cooked or ready-to-eat foods.
- If taking cooked fish to be served at another location, be sure to pack the fish so it maintains the proper temperatures. If you are keeping it hot, it should maintain at least a 145°F temperature and if it is cold, it must be kept at or below 40°F.